Forum Discussion

KarenSmith
Qrew Trainee
4 years ago

Data refresh

I am having an issue where if and I user look at the same data, we see different values.

So, if user NC looks at the report or table he sees -7930.65 as the current commission, but when I look at the table and reports I see the commission is 95.36.  If I test as user NC, I also see -7930.65.   So, literally I am looking at a summary report and the value changes based upon whether he is looking at it or I am looking at it.

No part of the mathematical calculation depends on the user.  I have been working on the data for most of the day.  I thought that refreshes would populate automatically to all users.  Is there a delay or something that I need to do to make sure that all users are seeing the most recent data? Other suggestions?

RESOLVED - permission issue - see below -thanks!
------------------------------
Karen Smith

3 Replies

• If it's a summary report, can you see the records it is summarizing? Whichever records are missing on one of the two views should help troubleshoot.

It would seem to me that somewhere down the line (perhaps you are using lookup or otherwise related fields to calculate?) there is a restriction for one user, and that is limiting a view. I believe there is a field setting that is something like 'Use these permissions even if they are less restrictive'. Check to see if that option is available in the fields you are using in the calculation.

Also I would check to see if there are any filters on the report you are looking at.

There should be no delays. Others on this forum know a lot more, so maybe someone else has ideas!

Mike Tamoush
      MarkShnier__You
      Qrew Champion
      It's almost certainly a permission issue.  If you view a record from the larger amount drill down to detail, and copy the URL for that record displayed,  to your clip board, and then change users,  and paste that URL in to display that record, you will almost certainly get a big permissions error.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
      Quick Base Solution Provider
      Your Quick Base Coach
      http://QuickBaseCoach.com
      mark.shnier@gmail.com
      KarenSmith
      Qrew Trainee
      Mark and you were correct - permission issue!  Thank you!

Karen Smith