Forum Discussion

ZanaSkenderi1
Qrew Member
3 years ago

Date and Time Field from Child to Parent

Hi,

I am trying to get a date and time field from a child to a parent. I tried Maximum value, but it is not doing what I need it to do. Essentially I need the date and time field to be used as a filter for data that I have brought over to the parent table from the child table. 

Ex. team members work a project. I need to summarize the # of project per team member for a specific period of time. but I would like to pick the time frame in the parent table.

Is this possible?

thank you in advance.​

------------------------------
Zana S

8 Replies

• It's not so clear from the question, but I will assume that 
    One Team member Has Many Projects.

You want to enter a date range on the Team Member table (ie two fields called [Analysis Star] and [Analysis End] and you want to know how may projects they worked on during that period.

Is that the question? if so, do the child projects record have a start and stop date on them?

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      ZanaSkenderi1
      Qrew Member
      Hi,

yes that is correct one team member has many projects. in the child table for Projects I do have a completed date and time and that is what I want to bring over. I want to be able to report projects by time frame for the team member, but seems I can only summarize the fields by time frame, I have not found a way to bring everything over and then create reporting in the parents table so I can filter by timeframe.

hope this makes sense.

thank you

Zana S
        MarkShnier__You
        Qrew Champion
        I suggest that you turn your thinking upside down. Create a summary report on the child projects table and you will be able to group it by team member say down the page and then across the top you can have Date by week project completed and in the Cells will be the number of projects.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        Quick Base Solution Provider
        Your Quick Base Coach
        http://QuickBaseCoach.com
        mark.shnier@gmail.com