Forum Discussion

NancyWagner1
Qrew Member
2 years ago

Drag and Drop Outlook email as file attachment opens new tab instead of saving attachment

One of our quickbase users encountered an issue when saving an outlook email as an attachment in a record in Quickbase.  She drags and drops an email into the file attachment but the file doesn't save as a msg.  It is opening a blank tab with no information.  Has anyone else experienced this?  How do we fix it?

Thanks!

------------------------------
Nancy Wagner

4 Replies

• Are you saying it doesn't even attach? Or it attaches and saves, but then doesn't open as a message?

If it doesn't attach, it is likely that she is just slightly off when dragging and dropping, you can try browsing for the file to test that theory.

If it is saving, but when clicking on it, doesn't open up - more than likely somehow the browser settings are default to open the message in the browser, and I don't think browsers like to open emails.

Either way, the first trouble shoot I would try is doing the same exercise on a different browser.

Mike Tamoush
      NancyWagner1
      Qrew Member
      It is not saving when she drags it directly over the field.  However, when she drags and drops the email to her desk top and then drags the email over to the field in QuickBase, the message saves.

Nancy Wagner
        MikeTamoush
        Qrew Commander
        Thats a function of Outlook and Browsers. You'll likely find the same thing with even a pdf attachment. You probably can't drag an email attachment straight into QB (thought I have never tried)

Mike Tamoush