Forum Discussion

DanteTognoli
Qrew Captain
5 years ago

Drilldown Report

Is it possible to modify the columns displayed in a drilldown report? I have a summary report that is looking at two fields and when I click the drilldown report button in the summary report it display all of the fields from the form as columns, which is a lot.

------------------------------
Dante Tognoli

10 Replies

• Yes indeed,

You will see at the bottom of the settings of summary the report it will show the D.rill down report.  Your is probably set to the default report.  So just make a new unfiltered report called like Drill Down target from Summary report XYZ.   Then point the Summary report to use that as the drill down.  It will inherit any filters from the drill down.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      DanteTognoli
      Qrew Captain
      Thanks for the response,

Unfortunately I framed my question incorrectly. I am in fact using a table report (I did go and look at the summary report as you described) and the problem I am having is with the details button. The report is grouped and sorted based on a few criteria and when I click on details to see the results for a specific row it shows a drilldown as described previously. There does not appear to be the same drilldown options available in the table report settings though.

I tried setting up a summary report to do the same thing, but I ultimately I end up at the same unfiltered drilldown report with lots of columns.

Dante Tognoli
        MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
        When you say that you tried a summary report, was this actually a Summary Report Type or a Table report with Summary totals enabled.    I was referring to a Summary report Type.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        Quick Base Solution Provider
        Your Quick Base Coach
        http://QuickBaseCoach.com
        mark.shnier@gmail.com