Forum Discussion

RubyKapil2
Qrew Captain
4 years ago

Drilldown reports for Summary have "Temporary" tag on them

I just noticed this today and put in a Case, but wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing this. In both Realms that I work in, across multiple unrelated Apps and in various tables, for Summary reports, the drilldown is showing in blue text next to the Report Name "Temporary".

------------------------------
Ruby Kapil
rubykapil@wi-finity.com
Wi-Finity, Inc

2 Replies

DonLarson
    Qrew Commander
    Ruby,

I noticed that yesterday.  Drill Downs are unique reports in that they inherit the filters of the Parent Report where they are executed and then display the columns and additional filters that were used when the Drill Down was defined.

Here is an example where I have built a Summary and a Drill Down

Here is the end of the URL for the Summary Report

and here is the end of the URL for the Drill Down Summary Report

The two reports are numbered one apart and are permanent reports.

I can then specify the Drill Down Summary to be used in the Summary Report 

Now when I click a value in the Summary report the child records will be displayed as per the filters from the Summary and the columns and filters from the Drill Down Summary.

The URL in the web browser is very different though:

It is no longer qid=11 which is the values of the permanent report Drill Down Summary.

Quickbase has always done this in the URL but until recent change showed the name of the Drill Down Report as if it was displaying the permanent report instead of the unique results of the Drill Down executed from the Parent.

Don Larson
    Paasporter
    Westlake OH
      RubyKapil2
      Qrew Captain
      Per support, "This is a new feature to notify that when selecting a drilldown field creates a report. That report is only live for 14 days if no user access that report.
      https://help.quickbase.com/user-assistance/quickbase_limits.html
      It is nothing to worry about and won't cause any issues!"

However, I want to know can I force a drilldown to be permanent. I hope the temporary does not show for all users. We use drilldowns heavily and the message seems like a warning so I am hoping we can control the message, or remove the message if we have no control over what is temp and perm.

Ruby Kapil
      rubykapil@wi-finity.com
      Wi-Finity, Inc