Forum Discussion

RusselNdip
Qrew Trainee
3 years ago

Duplicate Record with attachements

I have an application that is tracking regulatory approvals for several of our products. An approval can be applied to several products within the same family. Currently, multiple records have to be created manually with the same information and file attachment but a different product name. I am trying to automate this so that the user will be able to select multiple product names from a multi-select field and with the corresponding information and attachment and multiple records get created for each one of the products selected. I understand this is possible but how do I do this where I can get the document attached as well?

Aprreicate any help!

------------------------------
Russel Ndip

2 Replies

• Hi Russel,

Does it need to be the same file attached multiple times to each of the records that are created distinctly or is it possible to just have each record have a link back to that same file? Is the expectation that others would come and edit that file attachment and upload a new version, etc. or does it exist more for reference?

Evan Martinez
      RusselNdip
      Qrew Trainee
      It is possible to have the a link to the attachment but I was trying to avoid having another table just for attachments. And yes it is the same file and the expectation is that the file attachment could be edited with a new versions as certifications do get updated.

Russel Ndip