Forum Discussion

StaciEudy1
Qrew Member
3 years ago

Dynamic Form Rule Firing for No Reason

I have the following rules set up and they fire appropriately if a user submits one form but if a user is submitting multiple forms, the rules start to fire inappropriately. I'm at a loss as to what to do about it. Does anyone have any ideas?

------------------------------
Staci Eudy

4 Replies

• Can you clarify what you mean by submitting multiple forms.  Dynamic form rules do not work in grid edit mode. Are you asking about grid edit mode or are you describing a situation where both rules would be triggered at the same time on a form.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      StaciEudy1
      Qrew Member
      Sure, when the user is adding an individual record to the table but they are doing multiple record additions in one sitting. So they select add new record, enter their data, and either select 'Save & Close' or 'Save & Next' and then add an additional record. I have had users add several new records in a row and then the rules fire inappropriately and others that this occurs when they are on their second record.

Staci Eudy
        StaciEudy1
        Qrew Member
        To clarify further, I have a rules that will display a message, change a status (dropdown) on a record, and save a comment to it when the user enters a value to match the rule's condition. The rules are firing even though the value entered does not match the rule condition and it is happening with both of my rules. This is occurring after a user has been logged in for a while, entering multiple new records to a table, one at a time.

Staci Eudy