Forum Discussion

MikeTamoush
Qrew Commander
3 years ago

Email Courier Services (Attachments to emails versus links)

I know Juiced offers a great add-on where you can have an email send with an actual attachment. This all happens as an automated process (push button/link, email fires).

Does anyone has a service (maybe this isn't even possible....) where you push a button/link and it opens up your email client as a new email, with an attachment? Then the user can complete the email and send?

Perhaps this doesn't exist, but thought I would check.

------------------------------
Mike Tamoush

3 Replies

• From the browser in the Quickbase domain to Outlook or someother domain is considered cross site scripting and is a no-no. One option is to initiate and expose OAuth between the two services in a Google would like to use your login type experience. Another option is a connector in Pipelines or Workato.

To take data from a browser copy it to the clipboard and then bring it into an email client exposes the operating system to malware. 

So pretty much no.

Jim Harrison
    transparency = knowledge + understanding : The Scrum Dudes
      MikeTamoush
      Qrew Commander
      Thanks for the info! I definitely do not want to open up any possibility of malware. Do you know if there is any possible exposure with add-on services (such as Juiced)? Or is that a question for each individual add-on service, dependent on their methods?

Mike Tamoush
        JimHarrison
        Qrew Champion
        In the world of security there is always a chance, which is why one plans for least permission and layered security. I'll speculate the https traffic between your domain, juiced and quickbase is as secure as the rest of the Internet. To ensure best practice, each add wants to use separate tokens for each customer and there is a documented and regularily scheduled refresh on those tokens... but that is a question for your add on provider.

Jim Harrison
        transparency = knowledge + understanding : The Scrum Dudes