Forum Discussion

AlexCertificati
Qrew Cadet
6 years ago

Empower 2019 off-book baseball game outing?

I'm fortunate to have the chance to travel for work a couple of times a year, and there are two things I always try to do when I do: 1. drink a local beer and 2. catch a baseball game if I can. This year will be my second Empower and I'm super excited and also ready to venture a little bit off the official social agenda. It happens that the Miami Marlins are hosting the St. Louis Cardinals this June while we'll all be in town. The Empower Agenda Overview shows Tuesday night as open - I assume this is a night where there's an official-but-optional outing, like last year to see the bridge bats?

There's a baseball game at 7:10pm that night. The ballpark looks to be about a half hour cab ride from the conference location. I figure I'll almost certainly go myself, but I thought it might be even cooler to see if any other Empower-ers were interested in catching a ballgame. Who knows the next time we'll all be in Miami during baseball season!

So, anybody interested in going to see Cardinals @ Marlins, Tuesday 6/11 at 7:10pm?

5 Replies

• UPDATE: This is on as an individual outing/get-together for anyone who's interested. I communicated with Megan at Quandary and unfortunately their planned event at the game is not going to work out under the conference regulations.

So what I will probably do is post something to the conference app, and maybe also work the crowd at the preceding Networking Event on Tuesday night to let anyone know who might be into heading over to the game. Mark, I'll make it a point to track you down!

Anyone else seeing this if you're interested please respond! If we get a big group, I'll see if there are any strings I can pull to grease the wheels a bit, or at least we can get a head start on coordinating transportation.

Or, if I just end up at the game keeping myself company, wouldn't be the first time!