Forum Discussion

KennethKenworth
Qrew Member
6 years ago

Error trying to create summary field

Trying to create a summary field and keep getting an error that says, "We are sorry -- at this time, you cannot use this formula and have a summary field using this relationship." Others who've posted about this error say they are able to "Click through" this error and that it still works, but I don't seem to have that option. Anyone know what causes this error and how to get past it?

4 Replies

• What kind of Summary field are you building?  Can you tell us whether the Related Reference field in the child-table is a formula field.  This is usually what prevents a user from building custom Summary Fields.  It does not mean it cannot be worked around; but I want to make sure that is exactly what your problem is.  If you post an image of the error, that might help too.
  • Reference field in child table is not a formula. These are both extremely simple and mundane tables with a very straightforward relationship. I get the error as soon as I click "Create summary field" from the relationship table. Error looks like this:

LauraThacker
      Qrew Captain
      Best way for us to help then is to actually see what you have setup and try to help you that way.  Contact me at intelligentdbs.com and I will try to assist.
  • Hi Kenneth,

If you are running into this issue and the reference field for the relationship is not a formula field I would recommend reaching out to the Care team. That way they can take a look at it together with you and assess why that error is showing up or get an invite into the app and look closer. Usually that error only shows up when attempting to add a summary field to a relationship using a formula reference field not any manual entry reference fields. You can contact our support when signed into Quick Base by clicking on the question mark icon in the upper right hand corner and selecting Manage Support Cases or directly here