Forum Discussion

HeidiAtwood
Qrew Member
7 years ago

Find and append new unique values to secondary table

I have an app where I run a daily upload of data (much of it duplicate due to the nature of the source), but sometimes my daily upload includes a new record that needs to be added to a secondary table within the app. The key field in the secondary table matches one of the fields in my daily upload. I have set up a QB action that should identify new unique values in the field related to the secondary table's key and copy these records. But I am running into a problem. Sometimes my upload will include several rows with the same value in the field that I want to use to populate the secondary table's key field . When this happens, my action is registering an error. I only need the value in one of the duplicate lines to write to the secondary table, but I need to preserve all of the lines in the primary table. Any suggestions?

10 Replies

MCFNeil
    Qrew Captain
    If you have the ability, I'd use a webhook to a script that will query the table, and then do a single import based on a the combined information, thus limiting the duplicates.
  • Did you manage to solve this problem?
    I have similar one while using Automations.

What I want to do on a daily basis run automation to copy all not existing data in Table 2 from Table 1

------------------------------
    Adam Krzyzanek
      MarkShnier__You
      Qrew Champion
      I too am looking to so,be that same problem which is a feature needed in so many applications where we need to auto create parents.  I'm hoping that there is a solution using Pipelines, but so far I have not been able to crack it.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
      Quick Base Solution Provider
      Your Quick Base Coach
      http://QuickBaseCoach.com
      mark.shnier@gmail.com
        DonLarson
        Qrew Commander
        If there is a way to do this with out scripts, I would love to see it.  I am sure there would be many other uses.

Don Larson
        Paasporter
        Westlake OH