Forum Discussion

MichaelTamoush
Qrew Captain
4 years ago

Finding a specific Pipeline by the ID Number

When looking at a a field in the 'usage' section, it will let you know if that field is part of a pipeline, and say something like:

CLOUDPIPES_577074646462316

I know if I open a pipeline I can see the number in the address bar, but does anyone know if I want to search for that specific number, if there is a way I can find it?

Essentially, I am trying to find the pipeline that includes this field without having to open each pipeline.

------------------------------
Mike Tamoush

8 Replies

• I just tested and it looks like you can search by the id using the new 'beta' dashboard. You just have to toggle it on.

Sharon Faust (QuickBaseJunkie.com)
    Founder, Quick Base Junkie
    https://quickbasejunkie.com
      MichaelTamoush
      Qrew Captain
      Interesting. That definitely does not work for me lol. I can click on each pipeline and see the ID on the right which is more helpful than actually opening the pipeline. But that is interesting that you can search the id?

Mike Tamoush
        AustinK
        Qrew Commander
        The problem you are seeing is because you are expecting the search to be good. You need to search the entire string for it to come up. It does not do typeahead searching it matches the whole thing all at once. I know.... Pretty annoying.
      Mastec
      Qrew Member

How do you "toggle" to the Beta Dashboard?

Mastec
        JeremyAnson
        Qrew Cadet

Hi, it was in Beta back in 2021, but now rolled out fully. 

As a follow up to my earlier post, I was advised that it wouldn't be possible to provide a link to each pipeline from the field usage page because pipelines use credentials provided by the person creating the pipeline, which are sensitive and should not be shared. However, as a realm admin I can already see every pipeline, albeit by working through every developer's pipelines in turn, so this seems irrelevant. 

Had to abandon the impact analysis I needed to complete and instead look at every pipeline over the app, which was time consuming and frustrating.

Jeremy Anson