Forum Discussion

chetanpatil
Qrew Cadet
7 years ago

Get data from multiple tables

I am creating the report to extract the data from multiple tables. Now i just need the data from a  table which i am not able to figure out.
I have 4 tables Order, Shipping, transactions and numbers
relation is 
order < shipping < transactions > numbers  (1 order has many shipping , 1 shipping has many transactions, 1 number has many transactions)

i want to get the related data from numbers in order table 
how can i do it?

5 Replies

• Can you clarify?

What if there are 10 transactions and each one comes from a different number. What data are you needing to get up to the Order.  How do we know from which number to pull from?
      chetanpatil
      Qrew Cadet
      Actually one transaction has only one number associated with it. I am working on other person's app and don't know the exact logical flow of data.
      QuickBaseCoachD
      Qrew Captain
      If you would be satisfied with a report link field on an order record to show an embedded report of the numbers fields on the order record, then you just need to get the [Record ID#] across to the numbers table. 

So the Shipped table already has a field likely called [Related Order].  Look that up down to the Transactions table and call it [Record ID of Order].  Then do a Summary Maximum of that field up to the Numbers table. call it [Record ID of Order]

Then on the Orders table make a Report Link field called [Numbers report Link]  On the left side use [Record ID#]. On the right, navigate back to your app and the numbers table and the field [Record ID of Order].  Then put that field on the Orders form and set the form to show the records on the form.
      chetanpatil
      Qrew Cadet
      Thank you.
      I got it figured out. I just added lookup fields in shipping and transactions tables to get the needed data. Then i just created the report in transaction table instead of Order table.
  • You can use api_genResultsTable and <ifram> tag to set an html page and add report from whatever table you want.