Forum Discussion

bcloud
Qrew Member
2 years ago

Help with Formula/Summary Report

I have a table of customers that contains two dates, essentially a starting and ending date, and the state they are located in.  I am trying to develop a summary report showing me a count of customers per state per month where the month is contained between the two dates.  I can easily come up with the summary report of the count of customers per state, but not certain of the formula necessary to break down that count by month included between those two dates.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

------------------------------
bcloud

2 Replies

• I think that the only way to do this would be to have a pipeline create a child record for each month that the customer is active.  The do your reporting off the child table.  You can have one pipeline which fires whenever a Customer record is added or the date modified which would delete all its children (if any) and then rebuild them.   ....  And then a nightly safety net Pipeline to delete all the children and rebuild them. 

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      bcloud
      Qrew Member

Thank you!  The only way I could come up with it was spinning up a new table, but was hoping there was some wizard forumla I was missing.  Thanks!

bcloud