Forum Discussion

BataarBataar
Qrew Member
9 years ago

How can I get a simple formula-generated number to display on my dashboard?

I have a report representing a number of records. All I want is to display that number on my dashboard. I don't want it to take up a lot of space. I'm pretty handy with the formulas & functions of the app, but I don't know anything about API, if that's the solution.

I thought maybe I could put a formula into a text widget. It would be a pretty complex formula if I have to duplicate the report, but I could probably figure that out, but I don't know what format to use to get it to display, or if that's even possible with the text widget.

7 Replies

• I've used a small table report to for example show last date updated. Have you considered this?
  • Yeah, I considered doing that. I was hoping to make something smaller & simpler, but it looks like making it that simple will be incredibly complex :s
  • There are definitely ways to put a number up on the dashboard, but they involve javascript. So, not simple.
  • You can size the report widget quite small in the dashboard page. Not ideal but probably the best way of doing it unless you want to write code.
      GaryMcDonald
      Qrew Trainee
      That works great...but leaves me with an entire web page and not just the number...am I missing something.  
  • This seems a bit beyond me. The report that produces the number of records I want to display has 11 filter parameters, so it looks like getting this together will be a lot more work than is worth it. I guess I'll just display a report. Thanks for the answer.