Forum Discussion

enielsen0001eni
Qrew Member
9 years ago

How to add JS/JQuery scripts into a dashboard page using the current version of QB.

I would like to add some scripts to some dashboard pages to change css and but don't know how to do this.  I would like to be able to change the css of the dashboard and print page and add a script I found from dandiebolt_QB_Pirate.  

4 Replies

• Add FixerUpper.html to your dashboard as a web page widget and include jQuery and your own <scrip> tag. This page has no visible content but the script in the page is set up to manipulate the parent page (ie your dashboard page). In the example code I change the background of the <div id="dashboardBody"></div> but through the $parent variable you can manipulate anything in the parent's DOM. I left visual remnants of the FixerUpper widget in place but using jQuery code you can hide the entire <iframe> through which QuickBase includes the web page widget.

Pastie Database
    https://haversineconsulting.quickbase.com/db/bgcwm2m4g?a=dr&rid=457
  • OK, so I create a new HTML page that only has the scripts I need and pull it in as a web page widget using the url visible when viewing the html page in the browser?  Sounds simple enough.

Thank you, by the way, you and the rest of the QuickBase community have been a huge help in my QuickBase journey.
  • Quick followup question here, what is the actual URL schema to add a codepage into the web page widget, without it being the "edit page" of the code page?