Forum Discussion

AnthonyWong1
Qrew Member
3 years ago

How to generate a Related Report Link from one table to another

Hello,

Currently I have a list of PROJECTS that have associated costs within them to complete.
Those are associated under a Table Called STANDARD COSTS.
There's a many to many relationships table that allows specific standard costs to be attached to each project called STANDARD ADDERS TO PROJECT.

I'm building another table called PROJECT COSTS to generate formulas for totals from the information regarding the standard costs attached to a project which is currently a report link from STANDARD ADDERS TO PROJECT and is embedded in the PROJECTS table.

Whenever I relate PROJECT COSTS to PROJECTSand have a Many to many relationship with STANDARD ADDERS TO PROJECT with PROJECT COSTS I still can't "look up" the report link field from my PROJECTS page since there appears to be no REPORT LINK LOOK UP FIELD

Is there a way to relate the Report Link to my PROJECT COSTS table?

Thank you so much for any support in advance.

------------------------------
Anthony Wong

2 Replies

• You cannot look up a Report Link field.  But you can simply make a Report Link field and configure  the left and right fields that you want to match.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      AnthonyWong1
      Qrew Member
      Hello,

Thank you Mark for your response.

I think I'm understanding you but I'm not sure.

Are you suggesting the following:

1) Create a new report link field in PROJECT COSTS

• Generate fields in the report link that mimic the report link field under PROJECTS

• Using the relationship from PROJECT ADDERS to PROJECT COSTS, allow the fields to look  up the Field labeled under each customer?

My only question is that since PROJECT ADDERS is a multi relationship table between 2 other tables, it will automatically associate the PROJECT table to the ADDERS Table

PROJECTS <<<<<<  PROJECT ADDERS >>>>>>> ADDERS
                           >>>>>>                                      <<<<<<<

Since PROJECT ADDERS automatically selects the project associated to the 'NEW ADDER' how can I use a relationship between the 2 fields when they're actually linked to 2 other Tables at once?

Thank you so much for your support in advance. I really appreciate it

Anthony Wong