Forum Discussion

IvanGallegos1
Qrew Member
3 years ago

How to know when a pipeline is finished and alert to the user

Hi,

Please, I have a form with 15 pipelines, all of them are triggered when the user creates a new record. Depending on the user's inputs some of them are used and the others are not, sometimes 4 or 6 or 9 or 10 pipelines were completed executed depending on the user's input.
Kindly, I would like to know how could I inform the user that the background process (pipelines 4, or 7 or n out of 15 are already finished)?  
It would be great if there is an option to order the pipelines to run so you could know when the last one was executed.

BR.

------------------------------
Ivan Gallegos

4 Replies

• I add an extra step to the end of the Pipeline to update a date/time field value which will confirm when the last-time the pipeline ran; or if it is a one-time thing use a checkbox field.

Laura Thacker (IDS)
    laura@intelligentdbs.com
    (626) 771 0454
      IvanGallegos1
      Qrew Member
      Thank you Laura,

This is a special case cause depending on the user inputs the number of ran completed pipelines varies. In all pipelines the extra step for date works ok but sometimes I have only 5 steps out of 15 pipelines in total, the number varies.

Thank you so much

Ivan Gallegos
    AustinK
    Qrew Commander
    You technically can order the Pipelines if that is what you really want to do but it will mean they all run at least partially depending how you built them. You have the ability to call other Pipelines from your current Pipeline so just do that until your last one. Combine Lauras idea with this one and make the very last Pipeline update a checkbox or date/time field to say it has been completed.

Also it feels like maybe it would be better to combine all your Pipelines into a single one though. You can do conditional statements within Pipelines so that they check a record for something and take action if it finds whatever you list, or it could skip that part. On the Pipeline instead of dragging something over simply hit "insert a condition" and you can choose something. So you could say like "If Question #1 is not blank, execute these steps", etc. But it may not make sense for you in this case, just an idea.
      IvanGallegos1
      Qrew Member
      Thank you Austin,

I will check how to call pipelines. If you have any info regarding this topic, please let me know.

Thanks

Ivan Gallegos