Forum Discussion

DawnRene3
Qrew Trainee
2 years ago

How to prepopulate a current user field to a related record?

I have been trying to prepopulate an add button to take the current user and automatically add a new related record and user to a child table.

I have three tables - Contract Coaches (synced table from another app, key field cb_id). Contract Coaches is a Parent to Contractor Projects. Contractor Projects is a parent to Project Bids. Contract Coaches is a parent to Project Bids.  In the Contactor Projects table I have a button, Bid Yes, to Add a record to the Project Bids table and prepopulate the Project Bid yes/no field (which it does) but also prepopulate the related Contract Coaches field with the current user so they don't have to pick from a dropdown. There are no related Contract Coaches from the Contractor Bids table as Contractor Projects data is filled in by the Project Manager.

This is my current button formula:
URLRoot() & "db/" & [_DBID_PROJECT_BIDS] & "?a=API_GenAddRecordForm&_fid_17=" & URLEncode ([Record ID#])
& "&_fid_67="& URLEncode([Current User])
& "&_fid_22="& URLEncode("Yes")
& "&z=" & Rurl()

where fid_67 is the reference proxy, Contract Coach - cb_id for the Related Contract Coach. I've tried different proxy fields and I still can't get it to related to the Contract Coach record with the current user. Step-by-step instructions would be appreciated! I know I'm off somewhere. Thanks!

------------------------------
Dawn Rene

22 Replies

• Can you tell us what the key field Type is for Contract  Coaches?  What field type is cb_id?

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      DawnRene3
      Qrew Trainee
      Yes, it is numeric.

Dawn Rene
        DawnRene3
        Qrew Trainee