Forum Discussion

TanishaElias
Qrew Trainee
6 years ago

How2create ONE summary report pulling from 12 different fields, with 5 different categories in each field, that are all on the same record?

How do I create ONE summary report pulling from about 12 different
fields, with 5 different categories in each field, that are all on the same record?

I have a table named [Customer References] and there are 12 fields on the record that I need to summarize in one report that represent (type of reference asset). There is one field for case study, video, press release, ect.

Each field has an asset pipeline status; confirmed, complete, published, ect.

What I need to do is create a summary report that brings in all 12 fields from the Customer Reference record with count of the categories under each field.

The ideal report would have the (type of reference asset) as the column header and the rows would be the categories. And there would be a totals row at the bottom with counts of the categories in each Colum. But I can only have 6 crosstabs with this report and I need all 12 assets. Is there another way to build a summary table that has more than 6 cross tabs?

1 Reply

• You probably cannot do this with your current database design. If you had the convoy of a parent table where the children were these 12 child record for the differnent reference assets, the.n the analysis would be much easier.

You could set up a process that when the Parent is created, it automatically creates the 12 child records. These 12 child record would be more like the traditional setup where 1 project has many tasks, and you update the child record tasks as they get completed.