Forum Discussion

DeanTaylor
Qrew Member
6 years ago

I hate your mobile site and hope it does a fast yet painful death ;)

Have changed in app settings to default to desktop use and no change. Why is a tablet tested like a small mobile phone? The screens are as large as a computer. Hate. Hate. Hate. Slowing my work down today and that angers me.

3 Replies

• Hi Dean,

I'm sorry to hear that you are running into those issues when making use of your application on your tablet. Unfortunately, the checkbox on the App Settings page to create a default does not apply to admin users, it is focused on settings for the end users. In your instance you would need to open the application's menu in the upper left hand corner when you are in the app in your tablet's browser and select Full Site where it appears at the bottom of the menu to flip your own view back to the Full Site view. From there you should be able to continue to use the Full Site version of you application for that session. I hope that information is helpful.

If you would like a way to set a default for the Admin users as well upon entering an application i would suggest adding that feedback to our User Voice. User Voice is a feedback tool our product development team uses to track user suggested features and enhancements. The Quick Base User voice can most easily be accessed from the My Apps page in Quick Base by clicking on the orange Feedback tab that appears on the right of the page or at http://quickbase.uservoice.com by signing in with your Quick Base credentials. Thank you very much for your time today. 
  • I also have run into ongoing frustration that the setting to default to Desktop does not apply to admin users.  I have never understood the "benefit" of that feature to discriminate against Admins, when we are,  in general,  such nice people.  I will probably make the effort to put in a User Voice.