Forum Discussion

ArchiveUser
Qrew Captain
10 years ago

I have a Summary report that is Totaling Percentages, does anyone have a fix to this?

For example, I have a summary report that is summarizing up two pieces of data, IE: Total Widgets Produced and hours worked, in a given day (report shows rolling 5 days) then I added a calculated column to divide the hours worked by 7.5 (to keep this simple here) to see what percentage of goal the person is at. Problem is when these total out on the report, it also totals up the percentages for the 5 days, and you see something like 535% instead of 107.5%. What would be great is the ability to do another percentage calculation like the following: (Total Hrs Worked/5)/7.5, This would give you an average of all the percentages over the 5 days.

4 Replies

• Try creating a real field and not a calculated field on the report, to do your calculation, and set its field properties to show averages and not totals.  Note that this would be an average of averages which may not be mathematically correct, but may be good enough for your needs.  If you need true averages, then i would need to better understand the specific calculation you need to do and there may be a requirement to set up additional tables to enable bucketing by day or by wee or by month, by person.
  • Christopher, did you ever find a solution to this? I have the same issue.....do you know if it possible to hide the totals row?
  • No simple solution at this time, best answer is to create another table which is more work then its worth. No way to hide totals that I know of either.
  • HI the average of averages is not workable in our scenario also. any updates on getting around this instead of creating other reference tables to bring the average back in exactly?