Forum Discussion

topcat1967topca
Qrew Member
7 years ago

I need to transfer file attachments fields to new app. I downloaded info into a cvs file but I am not sure the file attachements are there

I need to transfer file attachments fields into a new app. I downloaded the app info into a cvs file but I am not sure the file attachements are there to go into the new appl Is there an easy way to transfer the file attachments? I have around 900 to transfer.

2 Replies

MCFNeil
    Qrew Captain
    You would need to run a script to move the actual file.  If you don't have access to / or budget for that, you can make a link from the old records and bring that over for legacy data.

As long as you don't delete the old files, you can use this;

URLRoot() & "up/" & Dbid () & "/a/r" & [Record ID#] & "/e87/v0/"

(the e87 is the field ID of the file attachment)
    Create this formula URL in your old app, and add it to the CSV that you are exporting.  Then the users in the new app can click the 'link' and download/view the document.

Also enable the checkbox to allow access without logging in.  That way if new users don't have access to the old app, they can still use it in the new app.
  • When querying a record containing a file attachment field you get the name of the file attachment not the file's contents.

You can copy files between applications using the script in this pastie (look also for the forum link for additional info):

How To Copy File Attachments  Between Tables Without Download?

https://haversineconsulting.quickbase.com/db/bgcwm2m4g?a=dr&rid=574

Surprisingly this script doe snot even use the API so no application token is needed.