Forum Discussion

IanGlen
Qrew Member
6 years ago

Iframe an ask_user report into Form tab for different table.

I want to show a list of potential products (from a product table) for a client within a tab on the client table.  Currently the user has to click on a link, which opens a new window, which is not ideal.

The report excludes products already bought using a "purchased by" field on the product record, which includes a list of all client account numbers who have already purchased the item.  It is generated by using an ask_user filter where "purchased by" DOES NOT CONTAIN account number.  The account number is included in the link field and so the final report is shown.

Is there a way to get this report on to the client form in a tab, rather than having to link away?  Maybe an iframe using IOL?

Thanks

2 Replies

• Let try stupid simple first and work up to more complex solutions from there.

Can you simply make a report link field on the client record and put the desired report on the client form?
  • In essence you appear to be asking if a bunch of child records can be reported to the parent record and deposited into a specific tab on a form. This is possible in a number of ways. I am working to build up proficiency in using the 3Q&S Technique so this it the way I would go. See this post to understand the generality of crunching child records into a result placed into a parent record:

Catamorphism Fields
    https://community.quickbase.com/quickbase/topics/catamorphism-fields

The only new issue your questions raises is that you want to query the user through the ask the user feature. Can the answer to your proposed use of the ask the user feature be calculated in some way or do you really require the user to make a choice?