Forum Discussion

DanielleDa_Cost
Qrew Trainee
6 years ago

I'm trying to create a conditional dropdown (maybe), where all associated items I am changing will be displayed on the form itself.

I'm trying to create a conditional dropdown (maybe), where once you select the store #, all associated items I am changing will be displayed on the report.

So each store has multiple computers and each computer needs to changed.
I need to timestamp each computer as a request from our boss to track each upgrade.
I created a "Computers Table" that links each computer to its' store and a start and stop time for that computer. Then I created an"Installation Table".
On the Install Table they would select the Store number and I need all associated Computers to show up, but it looks like I can only have one lookup working at once.

I'm open to any other suggestions of how to get this displayed.

5 Replies

• I believe I have my conditional format right then. The problem is that once the condition is met, I need the list of (for example) 4 computers for that store to be displayed on the form directly. otherwise it is only allowing me to do 1 upgrade per form and I need to do multiple.

I played around with a record picker and that might work, but it's not populating.

Is the conditional dropdown the right way for me to approach this? as I need all associated computers for that store to come up on the form for my night team to simply timestamp each Computer.

Thanks!

• No, take a different approach

Make a Report Link field

On the left side configure the field Related Store

On the right side, navigate to the same app and then to the field in computers for Related store

Put that report link field in the form and set the form properties to show the records on the form. Make an unfiltered report which has the correct columns and sort and set the form to use that report.
  • Ok! I'm definitely on the right track, because I created a report link field with the same idea. But now, the report link shows the small table (and I really link that format), but it says that no records can be found.
    I tried "save and keep working" to see if maybe it just needs some time to generate the Computer List, but it still says no records
    - could this be an issue because the Store number and information is already being looked up and I'm trying to look up Computer information from another table?
    - Question: is the report link field supposed to be in the Computers Table and then I simply lookup that report link field?
  • The report link embedded report should show data after the record is saved.

The report link field should be on the Installations Record.

It really should work if the two fields on the report link field match The report itself must be unfiltered. Double check that.