Forum Discussion

NehaBansal
Qrew Member
4 years ago

Increase font size of field value and field name (Formula-Numeric field with 2 decimal place percent value)

I tried your solution to increase the font size of value a formula - numeric field is providing by using an additional rich text field and adding following formula:

"<span style='font-size: 24pt; text-align: left'>" & [my formula numeric field]*100 & "%" &" </span>"

I am able to increase the font size of my result. However, unable to keep the formatting intact to 2 decimal places as in my original fields. Any suggestions please?

Also, I want to increase the font size if name of this field. Any solution?

------------------------------
Neha Bansal

8 Replies

• Alas, I don't think that there is yet a simple way to get at those decimals.  So we ten to squirrel away formulas for that purpose.

var number Value = Round([My numeric field],0.01) * 100; // this is here only because you say that this is a Percentage.
    var text Decimals = "." & padright(Right(ToText(Int($value * 100)),2),2,"0");

var text Thousands = If($Value>=1000,ToText(Int($Value/1000)));

var text Hundreds=Right(ToText(Int($Value)),3);

var text NumberInTextFormat
    IF($Value<0, "- ")
    &
    List(",",$Thousands,$Hundreds) & $Decimals)

"<span style='font-size: 24pt; text-align: left'>" & $NumberInTextFormat  & "%" &" </span>"

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      NehaBansal
      Qrew Member
      Thanks this helps. I created the below rich text field to increase the font size of the value :

"<span style='font-size: 24pt; text-align: left'>" & Round([My formular numeric field]*100,0.1) & "%" &" </span>"

However, have few queries.

The result of 95.0 in my original field is getting converted to 95 in this new field. why?
      Also, I want to increase the font size of name of this new field. Any solution?

Neha Bansal
        MarkShnier__You
        Qrew Champion
        Sorry,  but I am not understanding your most recent question.

You asked a question and I suggested detailed code and then you did not use the code.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        Quick Base Solution Provider
        Your Quick Base Coach
        http://QuickBaseCoach.com
        mark.shnier@gmail.com