Forum Discussion

LijaHarris
Qrew Cadet
3 years ago

[iol] no longer working in desperate need of workaround to populate JavaScript Code Page on Form

Our team used to have a table that would populate in forms (measure table) statically where the user cannot edit.  The great thing is that through Javascript and HTML we could build a table we wanted and populate fields in the codepage.  But in order to accomplish this we were using a rich text field with javascript [iol] & "module.js" & [\iol].  Is there a ways to populate the code page on the form directly again without Javascript?  Attached is what the table looked liked, and the modules referenced.  Is there any way to get this working organically on the form again or should i rebuild?

------------------------------
Lija Harris

6 Replies

• There is no known way of bypassing Quickbase's javascript validation at the present moment. Even if there was, I wouldn't advise that you do it, because they'd likely want to remove that as well.

I would recommend building a code page that supported the feature and then embedding that code page in an iframe directly on the form.

Justin Torrence
    Quickbase Expert, Jaybird Technologies
    jtorrence@jaybirdtechnologies.com
    https://www.jaybirdtechnologies.com/#community-post
      LijaHarris
      Qrew Cadet
      I apologize for being such an intermediate at this, but I have tried searching all weekend on how to accomplish embedding my code page via an iframe and couldnt find any instruction.  How would i embed a code page in an iframe?

Lija Harris
        JustinTorrence
        Qrew Cadet

Once you have created the code page, you can get a link to the page by clicking on the "Preview this page" button in the Pages screen and copying the url of the pop up that appears.
        Once you have the URL, you now need to create a Formula - URL field in the table where you want to embed the page.

Paste the URL you copied in between two double quotes into the formula builder and make sure the Embed as iframe in forms checkbox is checked:

Place the new field on the form wherever you would like the codepage to show.

Justin Torrence
        Quickbase Expert, Jaybird Technologies
        jtorrence@jaybirdtechnologies.com
        https://www.jaybirdtechnologies.com/#community-post