Forum Discussion

MattGill
Qrew Trainee
5 years ago

Issues with creating Audit Log

Trying to edit our Audit Log in our Policies Table that will show who edited the file, what the file said before and what it's changed to now. We are currently using Dynamic Form Rules on our current Audit Log (Text - Multi Line) Field:

What the Audit Log Field is currently set to:

But what we really want is something that tells us that anytime the Policy is modified we see who made the change, what it was set as and what it is now. I did look into setting up an automation, but I couldn't get it to work.

3 Replies

• Hi Matt,

It depends on how many fields you are trying to audit. I've set this up with an automation for about 10 fields on one table. The automation captures who made the change, when the change was made, what the old value was, what the new value is and displays on the bottom of the form as an embedded report. Is that what you're looking for?

------------------------------
    Michael Grosky
      MarkShnier__You
      Qrew Champion
      Just to add to Michael's  post above, this is done with a child table to the main table.  Note that you have the ability to record the old value and the new value when you write out the Audit  log record.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
      Quick Base Solution Provider
      Your Quick Base Coach
      http://QuickBaseCoach.com
      markshnier2@gmail.com
        RyanStanford1
        Qrew Captain
        To add to Mark's answer,

If you're going the automation route, you can track the name/DBID of the data, and just have an unconnected table populated with the information. The automations will update any table. So it's not required to have a direct relationship between the tables.

Ryan Stanford