Forum Discussion

RyanLocke1
Qrew Cadet
3 years ago

Linking more than 1 field when using a Formula URL Button

I have a 'Add Button' like this:
URLRoot() & "db/" & [_DBID_JOINS] & "?a=API_GenAddRecordForm&_fid_10=" & URLEncode ([Record ID#])& "&dfid=11 &z=" & Rurl()

in the GenAddRecord portion is it possible to add another fid to link to along with fid 10? If so what would the syntax look like?

Thank you!
Ryan

------------------------------
Ryan Locke

7 Replies

KimG
    Qrew Cadet
    Hi

I think it should be something along these lines.  (I'm pulling from a working button I have, but confess I'm not a syntax expert)

& "&_fid_xx=" &[Whatever field you want this field to be]

Kim G
      MarkShnier__You
      Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
      Exactly.  I prfer to line them up vertically for readability

I have a 'Add Button' like this:
      URLRoot() & "db/" & [_DBID_JOINS] & "?a=API_GenAddRecordForm"
      & "&_fid_10=" & URLEncode ([Record ID#])
      & "&_fid_11=1" 
      & "&_fid_12=" & URLEncode ([Customer Priority])
      & "&_fid_99=false"
      & "&dfid=11 &z=" & Rurl()

The & sign at the beginning of each line is concatenation to be able to continue the string on the next line.
      The & inside the quote says to Quickbase "hey QB, here is a parameter comin' at you and its a Field ID# and its for field ID 99 and then here is the value to load into that field.

You are building a URL string that has to survive travelling through the whole Internet. So if any of the contents of the value of your stuffing into the field has illegal characters like even spaces or some of the characters on the top row of the keyboard then you need to URLEncode them.  For example in all the online shopping you'll ever do you will never see a space in the URL when you're on Amazon.  URLs don't have spaces and similarly, other characters are not legal either for URLs

Mark Shnier (YQC)
      mark.shnier@gmail.com
        RyanLocke1
        Qrew Cadet
        Mark,
        That worked like a charm! I had another question...in my join table I am trying to change the name so it doesn't say 'Add Join' and make it more pertinent to the form I'm using. I'm wanting it to say 'Add Contract' any thoughts?

Ryan Locke