Forum Discussion

BrianneJacobsen
Qrew Trainee
2 years ago

Locking a Report from changes

In our standard app there is a Sales table.  The default report has a field for Salesperson.  This field is one of the dynamic filters on the report. 

Every few months, I get notified that "Quickbase is not working".  What is happening is that someone has managed to change the default filters within the Sales table default report to look for Salesperson X rather than using the dynamic filter on the report page.

Question #1: Is there a way to restrict someone from going into the default report and making changes?  (Kind of like making a document "Read Only" in Word)  I don't want to change permissions or restrict a field that is used in a lot of reports.

Question #2: Is there a way to go in and see who has changed and saved the report? (So that I can talk to them, if the same person is responsible)

Background: I don't use the Sales table in my day-to-day but have become the default Quickbase problem solver of the office.  Which is why people are notifying me that the report isn't "working".  It's not a big deal, but does interrupt my day as it becomes my priority when I'm told the entire app isn't working only to find out it's this small issue.

------------------------------
Brianne Jacobsen

1 Reply

• Like Spider-Man says, with great power comes great responsibility.  Personally, I am highly restrictive about letting users save  Common Reports. It is just way too easy to have a regular user accidentally customize a report save it and then the next thing you know that report is screwed up for the rest of the company because it's got some extra random filter. Like just one sales rep.  

I encourage users to make personal reports for themselves, and if it turns out to be a report that they're going to use in the future a lot or that others could benefit from then have them send the link from the personal report to you as a Quickbase, Admin, and then you can save it as a common report for everybody to benefit from.  

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com