Forum Discussion

MatthewMcClella
Qrew Member
4 years ago

Logic/Skip patterns report

Hello everyone,

I was hoping someone might have some insight on how I can pull a report or file showing every question/field we have for data reporting. We have different programs reporting data to us through QuickBase and I would like to compare what we have currently in the system to our data dictionary to make sure there is consistency with language use and what is currently live in the system. I have not found a way to do this yet. I have been going through the system manually selecting the different responses to see what is in the system.

I hope that makes sense. Basically, I would like to pull a report that shows every single question and listed answer options. That would make it easier to cross reference what is live in the system and what we have in the separate data dictionary. 

I am new to QuickBase, but I feel there should be a better method to do this than the way I am currently.

Thanks for any help!

------------------------------
Matthew

2 Replies

• Matthew -

It's not clear how your application is setup, but it sounds like you have a table of Questions and your users submit Answers to these questions, which are then stored on a different table. If that is the case and you want to be able to see a single report that shows you everything, you'll want to create a report on the Answers table, that is grouped by the Question.

Blake Harrison - DataBlender.io
    Quick Base Solution Provider
      MatthewMcClella
      Qrew Member
      Hello Blake,

Thank you! I will try that. I am a research assistant on this project, so I do not know all the "in's and out's." We are a coordinating center for hundreds of community programs. We collect yearly data on their efforts, progress, changes, etc. Which is great and very extensive in the information we collect. I hope your suggestion will work to show all of the questions we have setup in the system.

All the best,

Matt

Matthew McClellan