Forum Discussion

JeffreyPierce
Qrew Trainee
5 years ago

Long-distance relationships; or secondary keys

Imagine an Offer Block (part of an advertisement on some kind of page) which contains a Long Sleeve Shirt Style and a Short Sleeve Shirt Style; but each Style is really a Group consisting of many individual sizes and colors of that Shirt Style. I have modeled it as shown above, with two many-to-many relationships.  Individual Items (at the SKU or barcode level) are grouped into one or more distinct Groups. Groups appear in various combinations in Offer Blocks. I am satisfied with how this is presented in the interface.

Problem is: I want to be able to deliver data in two dimensions (one table) where Offer Block ID, Group ID, and Item ID (and their associated details) are all on one row (Offer Block Data).  I could not think of any automation or relationship available that will do this. Am I missing something?

------------------------------
Jeffrey Pierce

1 Reply

• Here's how I resolved this, for now.

One automation: when a record is added to Offer Block Members, then ...
    1. Action 1: Copy records from Grouped Items to Offer Block Data where Grouped Items.Group ID matches Offer Block Members.Group ID
    2. Action 2: Modify records: Insert Offer Block Items.Offer Block ID into Offer Block Data.Offer Block ID where Offer Block Data.Group ID matches Offer Block Members.Group ID and Offer Block ID is blank

I'd like to tighten up the Filter criteria for Action 2 to avoid two users cross-populating each other's records, but so far matching on Record Owner (me) isn't working as expected.  Thanks for reading ...

Jeffrey Pierce