Forum Discussion

BuildPro
Qrew Captain
3 years ago

Looking for a report to track changes to date field

I have a field named [PRIME DATE].  The date will change several times over the course of the project.  I need to track every date change in a report of some kind. How do I do this?
thank you

------------------------------
BuildPro

2 Replies

• If you know that all data entry is only going to be in a form then you can have a text field called [Prime Date Change History] set to 

Log the edits to this field, and show them on forms

and have a form rule that says when the record is saved and the [Prime date] Fields has changed then change the value of the [Prime Date Change History] to the value of the [Prime Date] field.

That will only work if your users only added on forms. If there's any possibility of Grid Edit then you would need to set up an automation or pipeline to write out a record to a child table every time this field has changed.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
  • Hi BuildPro,

If you are specifically looking to be able to report off of all these changes what can be really helpful is to create a child table that stores a record for every time a Prime Date is changed, when, and by who. Once you create this child table and related it to your main table you can create a Pipeline that will capture the date change, when it happened, and who initiated it to then transfer that info over to your audit table. That way it all happens in the background and your end users don't have to do a thing. You can even hide that table if you want to keep your experience for your end users streamlined. This will then allow you to easily report on when the changes happened and who kicked them off just like other reporting in Quickbase.

Evan Martinez