Forum Discussion

ColemanDuCharme
Qrew Trainee
2 years ago

Making reports embedded in notification emails "read only" (when the recipient forwards the email), for the recipient

Hello,

For our system, people get email notifications as proof of their "confirmed reservations". Our reservationist is concerned that people are able to forward the confirmation email to someone else, and when forwarding, they have the ability to edit fields in the embedded report, such as the date field, in order to come up with a reservation with a "spoofed" date. I have tried, in dynamic form rules, setting everything to "read only" for the embedded report that gets sent out with the email, but the recipient is still able to edit the fields on the embedded form when they forward the email to someone else. Is there any way to prevent the recipient from modifying the text in the fields when attempting to forward the email to someone else?

------------------------------
Coleman DuCharme

2 Replies

• Would it be possible to send the report, embedded in the email, as a whole pdf?

Coleman DuCharme
  • Interesting issue that to my knowledge no one has ever raised before. I was easily able to duplicate the issue.

One solution is to set up Juiced Exact Forms Plus, then probably combined with Courier and send out a PDF which is more difficult to modify.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com