Forum Discussion

MichaelMahon
Qrew Trainee
4 years ago

Management dashboard for Employee performance review

Good Morning,
Looking for the best direction or template i can modify which achieves the below golas.

I am a manager
Goal: I need the ability to lookup an employee and view there performance/productivity on 1 dashboard. When I pull up an employee all of their performance metrics spanning multiple tables should be viewable on 1 dashboard. 
I have come across some examples that almost do this but most only have the ability to view the employees as a group on a dashboard. The end result should allow me to either sit with the employee and review during a 1x1 and/or email to them for reference.

Current table configuration
Tables
  • Users - Contains a list of employees
  • Production Entries
  • Quality 
  • Occurrence
I appreciate any guidance you can provide.

Thank You

------------------------------
Michael Mahon

2 Replies

• There is a way to do this, but we would have to work together on a one-on one basis to get this working.  I can set up a call with you if you like to see a demo from some apps I support.

Mark

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
  • Hi Michael,

In your application I see you have Users, Product Entries, Quality and Occurence. I assume that the relevant data would be spread across those 3 tables and they are all related to the users table? So you are looking at a way of drilling down on a single user and seeing the relevant Production Entries, Quality, and Occurrences related to that user? 

One way to do this is to use the Users table and the User record as your hub for collecting and displaying your data. Then you create a custom form that shows only the correct fields (most likely some summary fields for specific metrics from those 3 related tables) and you can even create customer report link fields to allow you to see related records you can then drill into. For example if your Users could have overdue production entries you could make a custom report link that shows only records related to your user which have the status of overdue. You would just need to decide what data needs to be on that form as you build it out (what is great is as a form on the users table over time it can evolve and change to fit your needs). Then you can drop a button that directs you to the "1 on 1" version of their User record and you could even email them that version of the form if you needed. It takes some tinkering with the app but having a form can really help you have a hub to check on that kind of data as needed or one on one with that user. I hope that helps and certainly let me know if you have questions.

Evan Martinez
    Community Marketing Manager
    Quick Base