Forum Discussion

ScottGrund
Qrew Cadet
7 years ago

Master Table Record ID passing to a Grandchild Table Record through the Child Table Record

I have Projects that can create Work Orders directly but also have an intermediate table that creates records sometimes from Projects called Work Projects that I also create Work Orders. I need to have the Work Orders records added from Work Projects capture the Project relationship from the Work Project. I can pass to the Work Order form the Work Projects - Project_Name (text proxy) but that does not create the relationship field value for Work Orders - Project_Name. I need this same solution for a number of table record combinations. I really need to do this with the inherent capabilities of Quick Base. I've tried setting up a many to many but can't figure out how to accomplish this with so many tables and records in this app.

1 Reply

• It sounds to me like you should have 2 relationships to Work Orders. One where Projects is the Parent and another where Work Projects is the Parent. Work Projects would also be a child to Projects. Then, in the Work Orders, you would want to setup Related Work Projects as a Conditional Drop Down that uses Related Project to limit the selection of Work Projects to those of the selected Project. This way, you would always have the user select the Project, but the Work Project would be optional and your Project Name field would be brought down as a Lookup from the relationship with the Projects table.