Forum Discussion

BethUbinger
Qrew Trainee
5 years ago

Need help with IF function

I would like to create an IF function formula for a date field.
Currently I have 'estimated deployment date' field that is always filled in, another field, the 'rollout end date' calculates off the 'estimated deployment date'.
Now, I would like to have an 'actual deployment date' field and IF provided override the 'estimated deployment date' calculation in the rollout date.

my current formula for the 'rollout end date' looks like this: [Expected Deployment Date]+Days(90)

I have no idea how to write this formula, or if it is possible. Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you!

------------------------------
Beth

5 Replies

• Try this Beth:

If(
    IsNull([actual deployment date]),
    [Expected Deployment Date]+Days(90),
    [actual deployment date])​

Adam Keever
      BethUbinger
      Qrew Trainee
      It worked! Thank you so much for the help, Adam!

Beth
      BethUbinger
      Qrew Trainee
      Adam,

You helped me before...hoping you can do so again. I tried to use the same formula again in a different field. Right now I have a field populate off of an Expected Infile Volume calculation. I want this field to update so if the Actual Supplement Volume is not supplied it will fill in with Expected Volume calculation....
      Below is what I put as the formula. I have something wrong because now the field remains zero and only changes if the Actual Supplement Volume is filled in.

If (IsNull ([Actual Supplement Volume]),(([Expected Infile Volume]*0.1)*1.75/21),([Actual Supplement Volume]/21))

Thanks in advance :)

Beth
        MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
        It sounds like the IsNull ([Actual Supplement Volume]), is not working.  Look for a setting

Treat blank values as "0" in calculations

and uncheck that.  That will cause the formuals which refer to this field to differentiate between a zero and a (blank).

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        Quick Base Solution Provider
        Your Quick Base Coach
        http://QuickBaseCoach.com
        markshnier2@gmail.com