Actual Hours
Actual Dollars
Bill Rate
Remaining Hours

Employees
Employee #
Employee Name
Labor Rate

I want to bring the Labor Rate from employee table to the labor table. Then have the labor table calculate the labor cost by multiplying the labor rate by the actual hours.
I want to bring the total actual hours and actual dollars for all employees to the task table. Then bring all of that to the Project table.

I set to the table relationships and tried doing the lookup and summary (both ways) but regardless of what I try I can't get it to work. I also watched a bunch of videos but it still isn't working. Can someone please help??

13 Replies

• Bernadette,
    I offer one on one assistance to help my Clients to become more self sufficient with Quick Base. Feel free to contact me via the information on my website. QuickBaseCoach.com
  • Hi Bernadette,

If you are looking for some help with troubleshooting your relationship set up you can also get in touch with the Quick Base Care team via a support case. You can create a support case by clicking on the white question mark that appears in the upper right hand corner of your screen when signed into a Quick Base application and selecting Manage Support Cases. You can also open a support case directly here

One of the Care team reps can set up a screen share session with you and walk through the relationship and see if we can help you find the place where the information is not smoothly passing up where you would like.

Alternatively, could you give me a little more information on the relationship set up you have in your application? Do you currently have your relationship set up so that Projects have many Tasks and then Tasks have many Labor Records? Then an Employee could have many Labor Records as well so that everything sort of meets in Labor Records?
      BERNADETTEMERCE
      Qrew Trainee
      I have the following relationships:
      1 project to many Tasks
      1 task to many labors
      1 employee to many labors

I'm pretty sure I have the table relationships correct. It's the next step that i'm having trouble with.
      EvanMartinez
      Qrew Elite
      Hi Bernadette,

If you go into your table settings in the labor table and go under the table to table relationships and access the relationships between employee and labor. Do you currently have Labor Rate coming down from the Employee table as a look up field in that relationship? If so is that field showing up correctly on a labor record with an Employee who has a value in his labor rate field?
  • Does the labor rate display correctly for your in your Labor records under the Employee - Labor Rate field? Then from there when you use it in the formula field is the formula result coming up close to what you are looking for? From there once you have the formula field for calculating the actual labor cost do you have that field summarized up from the labor records to the related Task record as a summary field in the relationship between Tasks and Labor?