Forum Discussion

IvanWeiss
Qrew Captain
3 years ago

New Dashboards auto refresh

Do the new dashboards auto refresh or use AJAX or similar to auto update the reports and data on them?  Otherwise I had a code page link on my old dashboards to a javascript code page that would refresh but I am not sure if it is necessary anymore.  I just moved our first group of users to the new dashboards so fingers crossed they survive tomorrow lol

------------------------------
Ivan Weiss

2 Replies

• The new dashboards do not have Auto refresh, although I know the Product Manager has heard of that request.  I suppose that votes with UserVoice would help.  Let us know if you find a "hack" work around?

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      IvanWeiss
      Qrew Captain
      I do have one that works well.  I created a code page called refresh.html and placed the following code in it:
      <script>
      setTimeout(function(){
      parent.location.reload(1);
      }, 900000);
      </script>

After that, I just create a web page on the dashboard referencing this page so it auto refreshes if it is open for a lengthy period of time.  Only hiccup is it is noticeable as it "blinks" to the user but well worth the price of the data being up to date.

I am not sure how this will play with new dashboards and tabs.  I am thinking I might need the web page widget on each tab but not sure yet.

Ivan Weiss