Forum Discussion

CoreyGeloneck
Qrew Member
3 years ago

Notification email triggered from an automated task.

I have a Notification email that's triggered when a specific field is updated.  I have an Automation set up to update that specific field based off of certain criteria.

Updating the specific field manually sends out the notification looking as I would expect it, with the fields and markers populated with information from the record, but when the Automation changes the field all of the fields/markers for the email are either numbers in brackets (ie [9] when it should be a date or something) or the actual command (writing %recData% in the email instead of displaying the record).

Does anyone know why this is happening or how to make it appear with the actual information? Any insight would be appreciated.

------------------------------
Corey Geloneck

2 Replies

• I believe what is happening is that you have set up a Notification and only have set a message for the single record changes but have set the notification for both single and multi record changes, using the same message.

When there is a multi record notification, like the result of an import or grid edit, then that is considered a multi record notification,  in that case, you get just one email for all changes.  If that is what you want, then you should enter a different message for the multi record changes, and include the "Marker" for a link to all the changed record.

You can do that quick test as to if the system sees your Automation edits as a multi record change by customizing that multi record message,

If what you actually need to have is a separate email for each edit, then the way to do that will be via a pipeline.  You would Trigger a pipeline to update  field B when field A changes.  Then set the notification to trigger in field B changing.

But if you import 1,000 records then you will receive 1,000 emails.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      CoreyGeloneck
      Qrew Member
      I believe this is exactly the issue I'm having... Thanks!

Now I just need to get access to pipelines.

Corey Geloneck