Forum Discussion

MaximumGroup
Qrew Trainee
7 years ago

Ownership

Can someone call quickbase and transfer ownership to themselves without my permission by saying I don't work there anymore? I am the app billing administrator and also a 50% owner of the company.

7 Replies

MCFNeil
    Qrew Captain
    I know of one time that this happened, so yes.  
    They don't do any type of validation of proof of termination.

In fact,  If I was an account admin on your account, and knew just enough, I could probably take it from you, and lock you out.

You ask as if its happened to you too? 
      MaximumGroup
      Qrew Trainee
      How can I keep that from happening?  No one is account adims beside myself. _
      ElizaLittle
      Qrew Trainee
      Please see my reply below as it is the officially and correct answer. 
      ArchiveUser
      Qrew Captain
      Transfer of an Account to an unauthorized / incorrect user based on fraudulent information - such as what Matthew mentioned above - is an extremely rare occurrence. Though it has happened, Quick Base is typically very quick to resolve the error. Additionally, when transferring an account, they typically require multiple forms of proof to back up the claim of ownership, possibly including the user's Driver's License along with the Business License or Articles of Incorporation.
  • How can I keep that from happening?  No one is account adims beside myself. 
    MCFNeil
    Qrew Captain
    I'm not sure, but you could get access back eventually through the same method they did.  
  • If your billing administrator has left the company without promoting a replacement, then you would need Care's help in assigning a new billing admin to the account for you.  Before we can do that we'd need you to provide written authorization and proof of identity.  This is necessary for us to ensure that you have a legitimate right to the account you're requesting control of. We do not just give that to anyone. Maximum Promotions Group, I will email you directly to help you with this. If others are reading this and need help with this process, please enter a support case (http://www.quickbase.com/support) so we can help you with this process. 

The best way to prevent this from happening is to have more than one full management account admin.