Forum Discussion

BethanyHudson
Qrew Trainee
3 years ago

Pipeline- only trigger if field has changed

I have a Pipeline that currently works great, but it duplicates the record anytime a change is made. Here's what I have:

Trigger

Record Updated: [Contract Ending]          which is a formula field:
If([Contract Extension Date text]<>"", [Contract Extension Date], [Contract End Date])

Create an Event: (to the selected Google calendar with the fields filled in)

All the [Contract Ending] records are on the calendar now, but it's duplicating the event any time I make a change to ANY of the contract dates since it's a formula. So then I tried Search Events and then Update Event. Then I tried doing a query expression but I'm not sure how to format it. Maybe it needs to trigger from the other date fields?

Basically, I need an event created to a Google calendar, with the [Contract Ending] date, which is either the [Contract End Date] or [Contract Extension Date], depending. Then, IF there is a change (most likely only in the extension field), I want it to update on the existing calendar event. 

------------------------------
Bethany Hudson

3 Replies

PaulPeterson1
    Qrew Assistant Captain
    Are you trying to create the event if there is a change to the contract end date or a change to the contract extension date?

Paul Peterson
      BethanyHudson
      Qrew Trainee
      Yes, that's exactly what I need.

Bethany Hudson
        PaulPeterson1
        Qrew Assistant Captain
        Rather than using the formula field to trigger the pipeline, you could trigger the pipeline to fire when the Contract End Date or Contract Extension Date changes.

Paul Peterson