Forum Discussion

KirstynnRowe
Qrew Member
11 months ago

Pipeline when Field hits 7

Hello! I am trying to create a pipeline that emails the record owner when the "Days Since Last Touch" hits 7. I want it to send this email without me creating, editing or deleting the record. Is this possible??

------------------------------
Kirstynn Rowe

3 Replies

• Well, it's possible, but why don't we start with a simpler solution which will be friendlier to the user's email in box.

If you make a report of My Touch Dates now 7 Days old where the filter

has the issue as open

and the days since last touch date is 7 days

and the [Record owner] is the current user.

Then Subscribe all users in some Role or all users to receive that report to come daily.

I really do want to use your to get an email on every individual record then please post back and I can walk you through how to do that with a pipeline and an email notification. But I was just thinking that if the user has 10 records on the report they really don't want to get 10 separate emails. 

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      KirstynnRowe
      Qrew Member

Thank you for the quick response. My team actually does want a separate email for each record. 

Kirstynn Rowe
        MarkShnier__You
        Qrew Champion

OK, np,

1. Make date field called [Date/Time to trigger 7 Day Touch Notification].

2. Make an email Notification which goes to the user in the field [Record Owner] and trigger when that field  [Date/Time to trigger 7 Day Touch Notification] changes.

3. Make a Pipeline which will search all Tasks where the [Days since last touched] is 7  and then a For Each loop to populate the field  [Date/Time to trigger 7 Day Touch Notification] with the Jinja expression {{ time.now }}

Initially you can set up the Notification to go to you. Then run the Pipeline and get the email notification tested.  Then change the Notification to go to the Record Owner and edit the pipeline to schedule it to run each morning at say 8:00 am 

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com