Forum Discussion

MikeTamoush
Qrew Commander
3 years ago

Pipelines - What permissions are needed

If i make it so a specific field is not editable by anyone, even admin - will a pipeline that modifies that field work (supposing the pipeline belongs to an admin)?

I have a pipeline that populates a satellite app with data from a master app. I don't want even admin accidentally grid editing the satellite app data, so id like to make it read only, but am not sure if the pipeline will still work?

(I realize this is better suited to be a sync table, but for now it is too difficult to change the satellite table into a sync table)

------------------------------
Mike Tamoush

3 Replies

• I don't have an answer for this, but I keep a "Sandbox" app for this sort of thing. It's just an app for testing these things. Make a read only field in there and create a basic pipeline that tries to write to it and see what happens. No worries of effecting real data

Matt Hardy
      MarkShnier__You
      Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
      Everything in Quickbase works on user permissions. A pipeline is running under a user token of some user ID's permissions.  So if you try to do something that Permissions don't allow it is going to fail.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
      mark.shnier@gmail.com
        MikeTamoush
        Qrew Commander
        So I suppose the only way to pull this off would be to create a new role for my service account (I have a specific user called service account, that houses all the pipelines) to have all permissions, and then the developers will be under an admin role. So the only way to screw it up would be to log in under the service account and start grid editing.

Mike Tamoush