Forum Discussion

JakeRasmussen
Qrew Trainee
7 years ago

Positioning of Data Labels on chart when filtering

Hi, I noticed that my pie chart data labels are acting wonky when I filter the data. As the results change and the chart shifts to show the filter, the data labels are not repositioning themselves correctly. They seem to move around a little bit but they don't seem to move to the proper position (i.e. as close to their slice on the pie as possible). This causes the leader lines for the labels to stretch awkwardly around or through the pie chart, making it harder to tell what label goes with what pie slice. Is this normal? If not, how do I avoid it?

Here's the chart normally, unfiltered:

And here's what it looks like as I start filtering down. Notice how the data labels on the left side are bunched up and how the leader lines are stretching to reach the proper labels. 

If you look at the bottom where "Job Performance" and "Safety" are, it does reposition them from one side to the other, which means Quickbase is still dynamically re-positioning the labels depending on how the chart is being filtered. But if that's the case, what's causing the labels in the bottom-left to bunch up like that and stretch out the leader lines? Why won't it reposition the labels clockwise up the chart since there's room now?

3 Replies

• Hi Jake,

I did some testing in some of my own applications and I was able to replicate the issue with the pie charts and their labels as well using dynamic filters. I brought it to the attention of my escalations lead to pass up as feedback. If you would like you can put in a support case as well and we would be happy to look into it further and if an issue needs to be created for it we can tie your case to that issue. You can submit a Support Case by clicking on this link and just let us know the specific application and the details of the issue, then the Care Rep can get an invite to replicate the issue and diagnose what might be going on. I was able to replicate it and pass it on but if you want to be tied to the investigation into this a case will let us link you up. Thank you for your time today.