Forum Discussion

xiaonantang
Qrew Member
3 years ago

Power Bi connection failure

I have a scheduled Power BI refresh from one of the QB reports, it has been working well for many months, but starting today, it keeps giving me this message: 

Expression.Error: The field 'sortBy' of the record wasn't found

How do I solve this?

Thank you!

------------------------------
xiaonan tang

17 Replies

• Thanks for kicking this query off Xiaonan - I am experiencing the same anomaly with my Power BI refresh; the error message is the same "Expression.Error: The field 'sortBy' of the record wasn't found."

Curious to know if this is a wider systemic issue. I am running some 'mission-critical' reports leveraging data from my QB applications so the more people who engage with this discussion the more likely that it will be solved quicker.

- M. Carrington

Michael Carrington
  • Thanks xiaonan for mentioning this. I have also experience the same missing "sortBy" field issue for Power BI connection only starting from today. Since there are no any field called "sortBy" in my tables, seems it is a connector issue rather than a personal issue. Hope QuickBase could solve this issue soon. 

Alex Wong
  • I have the same problem, which is unfortunate as I'm rolling out PowerBI reporting for QB today!

Jeremy Anson
  • I am also experiencing the same issue with Power BI reports that had been refreshing fine before.
    "The field 'sortBy' of the record wasn't found."

Katie McManus
  • Hi Xiaonan,

I'm facing the same challenge. Looking forward for a quick solution out of QuickBase!

Daan Feijer
      DanielFozdar
      Qrew Member

Also same here. For everyone needing an urgent way around this: as a workaround, you can get PowerBI to use a Web connection, with URL = https://[SITE].quickbase.com/db/[APPID]?a=api_genresultstable&qid=[QUERYID]&options=csv&usertoken=[YOUR_USERTOKEN]

(You can get Query ID by logging in to QuickBase, navigating to your table, expand 'Reports & Charts', and then pick either the report you want, or List All if you're not sure. List All typically defaults to Query ID = 1)

Dan
  • We are also facing same challenge. Hope it gets resolved soon as all our PBI boards are at a standstill.

Thank you in advance.

Apnesh Chauhan Gera
  • We are facing the same challenge. Thank you Xiaonan for kicking this off.

Mike Saffran
  • Hi Everyone,

After this weekend we are having some customers running into issues with the Power BI connector. Our product team are working right now with Microsoft/Power BI to try to get to the root of the issue and I would encourage anyone who is running into this to put in a case with our Care team so they can see if you are being impacted by the same problem and let you know the status going forward. You can create a support case right here in community by clicking on Support where it appears in the global navigation at the top of the screen or you can create one in Quickbase by clicking the question mark ? icon that appears in the global navigation there and selecting Manage Support Cases. This will get you in touch with the team and they can collect some information from you as we work on this issue.

Evan Martinez
    Community Marketing Manager
    Quickbase
      GavinArthurs
      Qrew Member
      Experiencing the same issue as well and put in a support case yesterday.  Looks like there was a Quickbase July update done yesterday 7/18/21.  I hope this is resolved quickly, this is second issue with the Power BI connector within the last 4 months, that one took 2 weeks to resolve....

Gavin Arthurs
  • I'm having the same issue as everyone above. A lot of these reports are mission-critical so it would be great to have a solution very soon.

Stephen 
  • I'd like to throw my name into the mix as well. I thought I messed something up in my QuickBase app, but it seems to be working just fine.

I am also currently getting this error as well, I've submitted a Support Case.

Adrian Bogle
      MarkShnier__You
      Qrew Champion

Scheduled maintenance from Quickbase

on Monday, July 19, 2021 11:00:00 PM EDT Estimated Duration: 1h 30m

Ensuring that your data is always available takes planning and action.  It's action time now and the Quickbase team will be performing planned maintenance this evening to fix the following issues:

• Customers using multi-factor authentication (MFA/2FA) are getting periodically logged out of the mobile app. (QBE015952)
      • Users are having naming issues when uploading files to file attachment fields via API_Add/Edit Record. (QBE015953)
      • Users are having trouble connecting to PowerBI and receiving the error: "Expression.Error: The field 'sortBy' of the record wasn't found." (QBE015955)

This maintenance window will be: Monday, July 19, 2021 11:00 PM to Tuesday, July 20, 2021 12:30 AM Eastern US Time.

Click here to view notification details.

This also should fix the Juiced problems with all of their add ons which deal with file attachments.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
      Quick Base Solution Provider
      Your Quick Base Coach
      http://QuickBaseCoach.com
      mark.shnier@gmail.com
        AdrianBogle
        Qrew Member
        Thank you Mark

Adrian Bogle