Forum Discussion

MarkCorcoran
Qrew Cadet
2 years ago

Printing Issue with Exact Form

I have an exact form page (used for quotes) that has been printing just fine for years.  Now all of the sudden it is not printing correctly (even though it still displays correctly as a web page).  For some reason when printing, I'm getting unwanted page breaks.

I don't think it is anything in the exact form html code, because it has been working for years.  Any clues as to what may have changed to made add the unwanted page break?

It started with just one employee on his computer when using Chrome, but Edge worked fine.  Now it is affecting every employee on both browsers. - no changes made to the exact form code.

I'm not sure where to start looking for an issue, when it has been printing good for so long.

Thank you.
Mark Corcoran

------------------------------
Mark Corcoran

3 Replies

• We've experienced same... works in Safari but not Chrome.  It is a pain for Users to have two browsers open to use for different task in the app.

Suzy Kania
      MarkCorcoran
      Qrew Cadet
      I was finally able to resolve the issue by adding some CSS formatting better define table structures.  Once I did that, the unwanted page breaks went away.

I know nothing of CSS or HTML, so it took a lot of learning and picking my way though the lines of html to figure out what was going on.  Many trial and error attempts and refreshes, but finally got it.  I wish their was a better way to create a printable form from Quick Base data without paying a third party subscription.  People have to be able to print stuff, and the exact form method is very non-user friendly. 

Mark

Mark Corcoran