Forum Discussion

MichaelRuiz
Qrew Trainee
6 years ago

Quick Base apps as a policy or procedures checklist.

5 Replies

• Can a QuickBase application be built and used to create an executable list of procedures and document that they have been completed? For example, if I have a piece of equipment at an industrial facility and I want to make sure that the correct startup procedure is followed every morning by the employee in charge, can I create an application that:
    1. Contains all of the startup procedures in order
    2. Allows the employee to "check off' or otherwise confirm that each step was followed.
    3. Records each confirmation so that a notification can be sent out when a step or procedure has NOT been confirmed.

Essentially, have the application function like Process Street or Sweet Process. Thank you in advance.
      MichaelRuiz
      Qrew Trainee
      If you don;t min elaborating, what is the best way to go about that?
      AlexCertificati
      Qrew Cadet
      This is a simple use case so really the different approaches you could take are only limited by your imagination, or more helpfully, by the actual boots-on-the-ground workflow for existing users.

My suggestion? Take a couple mornings to stand next to the employee in charge as this procedure is being performed and take notes. DETAILED notes (if you've ever done the "make a cup of coffee" cooperative demo you'll know what I mean). Then sit down with your notes and a huge white board. Your goal is to make the experience as frictionless as possible for the people actually doing the work. This will help you in both adoption and satisfaction.

Notice I haven't said anything about Quick Base yet.

We have something similar in my company's app that runs on Automations and creates objects for a variety of people in a variety of tables, on a variety of dates. That's probably more robust than you need. You MIGHT just need a single form, maybe with some show/hide form rules. Primarily checkboxes and notes fields, it sounds like. Depending on what exactly you need #3 to actually do will probably inform how you set it up.

But the important parts are conception and design. If you take some time and blue-sky the best POSSIBLE way for this to work for your user, using a mockup of a computer monitor and a Sharpie, you'll almost certainly be able to implement that in Quick Base.