Forum Discussion

MiguelSoto
Qrew Trainee
4 years ago

Quickbase API DoQuery Child List

Hi, I want to know if there is a way to get complete data of two tables A and B using a simple API_DoQuery call

A y parent of B it's a one to many relationships. I want the following structure:

Record A
Field 1
Field 2
List: [Child1,Child2]

any idea?

Thanks

------------------------------
MS

2 Replies

• I suggest a native Solution.  You can make a summary field of type Combined Text.  That will float up the unique values from up to 150 children up to the Parent.  The values will appear in a "pill" appearance.  You can use a formula field to convert that to regular text if you prefer, by applying 

ToText([ my combined text summary field])

There are also formulas available to change the semicolon delimiter to another character if you'd like. 

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
  • Hi,

If table A is related to table B, then the 2 fields or as many fields from record A can be shown on related records in table B. So, if need to use api_doquery, just query table B where query = {related_record_A.EX.rid} where related_record_A is the relationship from A in table B and rid is the key in table A.  if using the api via browser, you will need to know the rid in A. if using a programming language, you will need a list of all the rid's in A.

Souheil Karam