Forum Discussion

TeajaeBurak
Qrew Member
6 years ago

Receive a notification when a field gets created?

My company has just copied our main application-- and plans to copy it again, so that each of the three branches of our company can have their own separate application.

I am concerned about how, as time goes on, those apps will begin to look more and more different from one another, as new fields get added to data tables on one app-- but not necessarily the other ones. Over time, this can create a real nightmare for trying to keep track of field ID numbers when submitting APIs, and for reporting and importing purposes. 

My question is: is it possible to set up some kind of notification/webhook/action/automation/anything else that could notify me when a user creates a new field for a table in Quick Base-- and possibly whether or not that field was added to a form? That way, I could make sure that the newly-made field also gets made within the other two applications, before anything can get too far out of hand. 

1 Reply

• Just a comment. It will be a nightmare. I suggest that you approach the powers that be and suggest that a far better idea will be to have one app and separate athe data and the Dashboard board based on the Roles setup. You are triplicating your work content to try to maintain three apps. It�s a losing game, destined to fail if these apps need to have similar features and upgrades to capabilities and it also sounds like there are some integrations with the systems.

Did you ever see the movie �Multiplicity�. It will be like that.